After I bought the ingredients for the quiche I made last week, I had a bunch of ingredients left over–and I’m like HEY, what else can I make with all this spinach and cubed ham? Welcome to my take on Stuffed Peppers:
(Makes 4 stuffed peppers)
- 4 bell peppers – any color.
- 3/4 cup cubed ham
- 1 (8 oz) can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pepper jack or mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the tops off your peppers and set aside. Remove the cores of pepper body.
- Place your peppers upright in a bread pan.
- Pour the can of tomato sauce into the bottom of the pan.
- Pop out the middles of your pepper tops and discard. Dice remaining pepper rings, and onions.
- Put the diced peppers, onions and ham in a pan with the olive oil and sauté until slightly brown.
- Fold in spices.
- Place the entire mixture a medium bowl. Add stewed tomatoes. Stir well.
- Fill your peppers with the meat mixture and cover with cheese.
- Cover with a lid. If you don’t have one, cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes at 350 degrees F.