This was such a delicious recipe. I made it for a group of people and there was none left over! I managed to get a slice or two. It was truly soft, moist, light and flavorful. Enjoy my take on a Pumpkin Gingerbread recipe! See the original here.1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking soda 2 teaspoons ground ginger 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1 cup pumpkin purée 1 stick of butter, melted completely 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup molasses 2 eggs, beaten 3 tablespoons water 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
The directions need to be followed pretty strictly on this one, I’d say.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a bread pan to keep anything from sticking.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another bowl with a wooden spoon, mix the pumpkin, melted butter, sugar, molasses, eggs and water.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, adding the chocolate chips if desired.
- Put the batter into the pan, bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Let the pan cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and invert it.
I served the bread while it was still warm. It was delicious and a complete hit. I think I might make it again today!
Because I was so excited, I forgot to take a photo of the loaf after it was out of the pan and with the first slice, so excuse the cellphone photo! It was just THAT good!
Keep up-to-date on my new postings by following me on Twitter. You can also contact me through my website here, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send me a message to my Facebook (show your support and send me a like!) Check out my Pinterest, too! Thank you and be good!